KC for Electronic Products

We support world leading manufacturers in the rapid certification of electronic products for the Korean market.

read more

KC-EMC Certification

We clarify the requirements for your product and ensure that your product is certified quickly and reliably.

read more

KCs - Korea Certification Mark for machines

Korea Certification is an excellent partner for KCs certification for machines. We ensure that you get your product approved quickly and reliably.

read more

KEMCO Certification

Korea Certification ist der ideale, strategische Partner für die KEMCO Zertifizierung. Wir unterstützen Sie bei allen Schritten zum koreanischen Energieeffizienz-Label.

read more

Training

Korea Certification offers customized certification training to fit your company needs. Our trainer will come to your location and provide the training, up to date information and pass on valuable tips from our many years of experience. Call us today to learn more!

read more

MPR International

Since 2005, MPR International GmbH has been supporting companies around the world in obtaining the required product certifications for the Asian markets. With a strong team located worldwide, we can offer you the best solution for your enquiries.

read more

SK E&C begins production of environmentally friendly fuel cells

The new production facility, named Bloom SK Fuel Cell Plant, is a joint venture between SK E&C and U.S.-based Bloom Energy, a global manufacturer of fuel cells. The joint venture was established in January last year to produce so-called SOFCs (solid oxide fuel cells) in South Korea. SK E&C owns 49 percent of the company, while Bloom Energy owns the remaining 51 percent. The two companies began trial production of SOFCs in July. They plan to expand production capacity from 50 MW in 2021 to 400 MW in 2027. The first fuel cells will be delivered to a power plant, which is scheduled to begin operations in January 2021. The power plant will then have the world’s most powerful fuel cells.

 

 

At the opening ceremony, SK E&C announced two other major achievements of projects using SOFCs. The first was winning an engineering, procurement and execution project at Equinix, one of the leading data center operators in the United States. It involves the construction of a 6.4 MW SOFC plant at an Equinix data center in San Jose, California. Groundbreaking is scheduled for April 2021, with commissioning eight months after completion of construction. The second advance is the signing of a memorandum of understanding between SK E&C, Bloom Energy and SK Advanced for a pilot project to apply hydrogen as a waste product from the chemical industry and use it to power fuel cells. SK Advanced’s PDH plant in Ulsan, South Korea, where the company produces propylene and other gases, was selected as the site. To that end, the companies are building an SOFC pilot plant that is scheduled to begin operations in April 2021 and will study commercial applications of the process over the course of a year.

Solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) are the world’s most effective power generation for distributed applications. The fuel cell uses liquefied natural gas and generates electricity during a reaction of hydrogen and oxygen. The process far outperforms conventional fuel cells and generates environmentally friendly electricity without fine dust emissions and on a very small footprint. Numerous SOFCs are already in operation in the U.S., including at Walmart and Home Depot stores and the Morgan Stanley and Softbank buildings in New York.

If you need assistance or have any questions regarding Korean certifications like KC, KC EMC, KCs or KCs for explosion safety products, feel free to contact us any time.

Tel.: +49-69-2713769259
Email: info@korea-certification.com

Urgent questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us via chat. You will find the chat window at the bottom right of each page (if this is not visible, please check your browser settings).

For more information you can download our free brochure “Korea Certification Made Easy – The Booklet“.

Julian Busch

About the author: Julian Busch is the founder and managing director of MPR International GmbH

Publisher: MPR International GmbH

Tel.: +49 69 271 37 69 259
E-Mail: info@korea-certification.com
Web: www.korea-certification.com/en/

Third party cookies & scripts

This website uses cookies & scripts. For optimal performance and advertisement purposes it is recommended that you agree to the use of cookies by third parties & scripts. We do not share information about your use of our website with social media.
For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and the Imprint.
Which cookies & scripts and the associated processing of your personal data do you agree to?

You can change your selection anytime under Privacy Policy .